Refund Policy for Roof of Africa Entries:
- Entry Fee – Refund
- No outright refunds will be allowed due to participants not being able to compete.
- Participants must submit in writing to the organizer of their non participation and can request a roll over credit entry for the following year only. This is limited to a 1 time roll over and no credit will be allowed in the second year for a 2nd Roll over credit.
- Roll over credit requests must be received more than 60 days prior to the event start date.
- Roll over credit requests received within 60 days of the event start date will forfeit the entry unless under exceptional circumstances which can be proven and approved by the event organizers.
- Roll over credits not used in the second year will be lost in their entirety and no refund will be given.
- Force Majeure:
- In the event that the Roof of Africa is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers, such as natural disasters, government regulations, or other force majeure events, refunds will be subject to the event organizer’s discretion.
- The event organizers may provide alternative options, such as entry fee transfer to a rescheduled event or roll over credit towards a future edition of the Roof of Africa, depending on the circumstances.
*this may include any type of pandemic i.e. Covid 19 but not limited to.
- Transfers and Substitutions:
- Entry transfers or substitutions are not allowed without prior approval from the event organizers.
- Requests for transfers or substitutions must be submitted in writing and are subject to review and approval by the event organizers.
- Additional administrative charges will apply for approved transfers or substitutions.
- Changes to the Refund Policy:
- The event organizers reserve the right to modify or amend the refund policy at their discretion.